Sunday, February 10, 2008

Laps

We drove down to The Queen City. My mom offered to help Rhonda with our taxes. They got "the box". They had fun together, and played more than worked on the taxes, but they got them finished. If we had made $100 less last year, we would have gotten $1000 more in our return. I guees I won't get enough back to buy that sweet high end mtn bike, I'm $1000 short. Maybe next year.

I took advantage of the nearby trail system and rode my mtn bike to Colonel Francis J. Beatty Community Park. The Traheel Trailblazers do an excellent job of maintaining this trail system. With about 6 miles of trail, this was a perfect time to assess my gear and fitness for the season's upcoming lap races.

After a Starbucks run and a delicious breakfast of bacon and biscuits, I was off. The temps were quickly warming up and as the day went by, I ended up in shorts and short sleeves. Ahhh a small taste off spring. Round and round, working on cornering without touching the brakes. Jubal and my dad stopped by to play at the park so I stopped by for a minute. I discovered that there are some alternate more technical routes that can be taken, so I started to alternate routes every lap, in an effort to keep it interesting.
36.73 miles 3.5 hrs, and feeling good, I headed back to the house. We had expected to meet up with my brother and his family but, that didn't happen. I was somewhat dissapointed as I had hoped to ride for 4 plus hours. But I got over it, took a shower and went to Starbucks.

I figure Charlotte trails are not much different from Asheville trails, they are simply not tilted as much.

Have a great day.

No comments: