Monday, February 04, 2008

More on Diligent

Diligent (according to Merriam Webster): : characterized by steady, earnest, and energetic effort : painstaking




Sometimes it does feel like beating your head against the wall. I think diligent and perseverence go hand in hand. The race Sunday was painstaking, it was steady and earnest, definitely energetic effort. But worth it when I finished. I also had lots of time to think about being diligent.


NUUN, even though there is no sugar in it, they do use some sort of artificial sweetner. This made it sweeter to my taste than I would have liked. I'm not sure how much my head cold affected this as nothing really tasted that great. I did miss getting the little bursts of energy from sipping GU2O. This is my sports drink of choice. It does have sugar and carbs. So, I'm going to experiment with Hammer Nutrition's Edurolyte powder. I have attempted to use their capsules, but everytime I do they get stuck in my throat and I have to make myself gag to cough them back up. I don't wanna die like that. The directions say that I can add the electrolyte powder to my sports drink. So, that's what I am gonna do. It should also be easy to carry along on a long ride, by dumping some in the old waterproof NUUN tube.


Rainy Monday, means no real rides today or tomorrow. Maybe the rollers tonight.


Have a great day.

2 comments:

The Evil MGE! said...

I use two scoops of Hammer's Perpetuluem and a scoop of Heed in One bottle. Using just one or the other and I hate the taste which makes me drink less. This was a last ditch effort as I love the effect Perpetuleum has on my endurance performance.

My name is Stephen said...

Cool, I just need the electrolytes and a little bit o carbs/sugar. That's what the Gu2O does for me, same basic indredients as heed, less $$$$$