Friday, March 06, 2009

Framed

The first wall is up. We are so excited. It makes our current house look small!! One thing about the addition is that it is square and solid.


Lookin' good.
The 3rd race in the Snake Creek Gap TT series is tomorrow. I am looking forward to this one. I have another month of intervals, power workouts, endurance workouts and some mandatory- dictated by the weather-rest days.
I am going for a sub 4 hr time, my time to beat from last year is 3h57min. And that was on a single speed. If I can control myself in the first hour and not go out too hard, I should be able to do that. Oh yeah, it is supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny too. I imagine the north facing trails in the first 17 miles will still be muddy and nasty though, so trail conditions will be about the same. I'll be relying on nuun to keep me hydrated. I'm going to try taking one less bottle of meal replacement shake and replacing that with a bottle of nuun. Last race I was dehydrated when I finished. This time I have a two pronged plan: drink consistently and ride steadily.
Last night I did a gravel grinder at Bent Creek. I mainly just rode at a really easy pace, with a couple of intervals added into the mix to keep it real!!
Have a great day.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hey, good luck tomorrow, kick it!

Anonymous said...

So what will this addition become? Bedrooms? Dining?

Pakman said...

Hey Stephen, hope you surrvived today. Been following your blog. Pretty good stuff.
Saw you religion stuff. I totaly agree. I myself believe you should try all the religions.